Monday, August 2, 2010

Cats and Dogs - the Revenge of Kitty Galore

OK - here's my first movie review: Cats and Dogs - the Revenge of Kitty Galore

I took Jack and Will to see this yesterday and based on the title - I had high hopes. Unfortunately, the title was one of the highlights.

For me, it had a lot of subtle movie humor that only adults would pick up on. I enjoyed the title sequence being similar to The Spy Who Loved Me; the fact that Roger Moore was one of the voices; the bad cat had metal teeth and was called "Paws" and the whole Silence of the Lambs part was pretty clever.

Unfortunately, it was halfway through the movie before I realized neither boy had laughed once. I knew they were still sitting right behind, and that their funny bone was still in place because they roared at the hilarious antics of the Road Runner and Wile E Coyote in the cartoon. But not a peep during the actual movie.

I was also disturbed once again by the portrayal of cat owners. Still a lot of room for improvement although I did laugh at the cat lady and her label as an "enabler" for giving her cats catnip.

So - OK for adults, a snooze for kids. They didn't even laugh at the dogs sniffing each other's butts part.

Final tally - 2 Paws out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Cindy. Good info as I have never seen this one.

    A pet/dog movie Les and I saw not too long ago that was (IMO) HYSTERICAL was Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Might have been because I have a Peke-Chihuahua mix, but I laughed my heinie (SP?) off.

    Les just told me you had to take another little one to the vet for liver problems. So sorry. :( Will keep kitty in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm going through a rough patch here. He wasn't even on the radar but I'd noticed he wasn't eating, so took him in so my pet-sitters wouldn't have to worry. Good thing I did I guess.
    I'll have to watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Haven't seen it either.

    ReplyDelete