Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another Pain Med attempt

Last night I had some pain meds that I could give Bridgette if she appeared to be in discomfort. I got up to check on her almost every hour because instead of coming home and just falling asleep, she paced up and down the hall for hours. She was still groggy, so kept bumping into things and then falling over.

I finally decided to give her some pain meds around midnight, hoping that would calm her down a bit. Let's just say that I wasn't much more successful than when I attempted it with Spott. This time, I was supposed to squeeze the syringe of stuff in under her tongue. Uh huh. Easier said than done.

I think SOME of it did end up in her mouth, but I got splashed and some dripped right down her chest. She was pretty fiesty when I attempted to pry her mouth open. So, the score with pain meds vs cats comes down to Cats 2 - Pain Meds - 0!!!

Fortunately, she seemed much more relaxed this morning so I didn't see the need to attempt another dose. I believe I'll try that last dose under MY tongue and see how I do!

1 comment: