Saturday, August 14, 2010

Bridgette


Bridgette was my first, official "Special Needs" cat. I got her from a friend when she was about months old. Unbeknownst to me, my vet had rescued her and nursed her at the clinic for 6 weeks until Brenda agreed to foster her and find her a home.

That ended up being with me!

From what I figured out from her story, some kids were playing tug-of-war with her and her front leg got hyper-extended and it caused a lot of nerve damage. She'd lost the use of it, but after her time in the cat clinic, she got the use of most of it back, except the use of her paw. It curls under like a little club.

She walks on it, but if she's running, she picks it up and runs 3-legged. She also uses her club as a scoop for food, or as an actual club on occasion. I've seen her more than once clubbing one of the other cats on the ear, if they're not behaving!


No comments:

Post a Comment