Saturday, December 22, 2012






Seasons Salutations from Hamilton, Esquire

I recently added “Esquire” to my name. For a cat of my lineage, it’s necessary to maintain that class distinction and reinforce that I am not a common house cat. It adds the dignity and status that I deserve and lifts me above the other felines that reside in this establishment.

When I came to this residence three years ago, I was a bit shocked that I'd be expected to  co-habitate with this rag-tag group. I grew up with a silver cat food spoon in my mouth and my mother was a blue-blood. A pampered and spoiled life was my due. Alas, it was not to last. Through some misfortune, I ended up in this cottage. Over the years, I’ve accepted that my lot in life has decidedly fallen. But I’ve come to see that even though I’m no longer an only child, there have turned out to be some advantages.

First, I’ve discovered that I love computers. I love sleeping next to one or on my person while she’s trying to type. 

Secondly, the chap Tuukka is not so bad. Occasionally we go outside and take a snoot of catnip together. 



Or we hang out in the window. I don’t understand a word the fellow says. He’s a cat from the other side of the street - an alley cat.


Thirdly - I had to learn that the bed was not for me alone. I actually was expected to share - and with the human no less. But I’ve become accustomed to curling up next to her on the pillow and it’s oddly comforting.

However, I do not fancy going to the veterinarian to get my blood sugar tested. I ensure they are aware of my displeasure. Loudly.



The one thing I do love is Christmas. There is a special Christmas quilt that is provided for me to sleep on, and the tree is put up and decorated for my benefit. 



For 2013 I would, of course, wish for world peace. And more catnip. 

Have a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment