Saturday, December 22, 2012






From the Desk of Bridgette

This was a very busy year for me but I think it was quite successful.

Last year, I was promoted to HC. (That’s Head Cat for the uninitiated.) Actually, I ran unopposed since none of the other family members wanted to step up to take over this important job. 

Few realize all of the responsibility that goes into running a multi-cat household. I have to make sure everyone is eating and sleeping in the appropriate places. If there’s a dispute over who gets the condo in the morning, I settle it. I make sure the cat hierarchy rules are followed and that no feline steps out of his or her role. 

My most important task is to watch over the Mom. I make sure she never is left unattended. Every cat has an appointed time when someone is with her. It is our job to make sure she relaxes and benefits from our presence. It’s a well-known fact that cats help lower a human’s blood pressure and increase their happiness level. Keeping everyone on schedule is a very taxing job. It takes quite a few catnaps to help me make it through the day.



I still am battling some health issues. But I try to remain positive. Yes, I admit I’ve put on a little weight, but it’s the prednisone. And I still try to find a few moments to kick back myself. 



I’m looking forward to another great year in 2013 and wish you and your family a happy year as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment