Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Barclee

Barclee is sitting next to me on the cat chair. O'Malley started the cat chair tradition years ago and the other cats have embraced the idea ever since. The old red chair that belonged to my Grandma is now officially the cat chair and one of the throng is always sitting next to me while I "compute."

Every now and then one of them will take a walk across the keyboard. And then there's Hamilton. He insists on sitting ON my lap, front legs around my neck and then he proceeds to drool down the side of my face. It's our little ritual.

Anyway, Barclee is Spott's daughter. Today, when I got home, she was curled up next to her Mom under the bed. It was so sweet. I'm glad that Spott has her while I'm away at the office. She really has reached the end and so probably tomorrow, I'll take her in. I've decided that I need to do what's best for her and not what's easiest for me.

4 comments:

  1. We had to make that same decision with one of our old dogs and our youngest daughter's favorite cat. It's a hard, hard thing to do and I'm sorry you have to go through it, but your obvious love for Spott is reflected in your decision. She knows you love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She couldn't have had a more loving owner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest easy, Cindy, knowing that Spott will be at peace. I'll keep Spott, you, and the rest of the gang in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to everyone! This never gets easy.

    ReplyDelete