Monday, July 26, 2010

Adjustments

All of the cats have their own special time of day. They each find time to have their one-on-one time and the others don't intrude. For example, Hamilton sits on my lap when I'm at the computer. Barclee hangs out and wants attention right before bed. Bridgette likes the morning bathroom time. Molly, well, when Molly FEELS like getting attention, she'll jump up on the table for a quick chin rub.

Spott loved early mornings, right when I was starting to wake up. So, this week has been really hard because it used to be I'd start to open my eyes, and she'd be sitting right next to me, paws neatly folded under and would just be gazing at me. It was a look of just adoration - it's hard to explain. Once my eyes opened, she'd start meowing and head butting me. I couldn't pet her enough to satisfy her. Sometimes Barclee would attempt to horn in but Spott totally would cut her off. Daughter or no - this was her time.

I've missed that. She slept on the bed a couple times after she got home from her surgery, but it was too hard for her to get up on it. I lifted her a couple more times, but sad to say, the others kind of pushed her aside. So she slept in the cat tent or under the bed. It was so gradual, I didn't really notice.

It's funny that it's this one little thing though that's really bothering me the most. She also would stand on her hind legs and bump the top of her head against my hand to be petted. That was uniquely Spott too.

So, learning to get up and face the day without my daily Good Morning from Spott is the biggest adjustment of all.

1 comment:

  1. That's so true. Oz likes attention in the morning after I get up. Ori likes to be petted right before I go to bed, and I always wake up to Odin right beside me.

    ReplyDelete