Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Tail of Ring Worm Cat


I'm still waiting for my Ring Worm cat to actually get over her case of ring worm.

I've never actually waited for a pet before. Usually, they either just move in with me, or I get a call from the Cat Clinic saying they have a special needs cat with my name written all over it. Suddenly, there's a new member of the family. The other cats are all ticked for awhile and then we all are one big happy, even furrier family.

I'm really glad I didn't take her immediately, knowing now that she really did have ring worm. From what I've read, it's a pain to try and get rid of, especially in a multi-cat household. So, another cat disease I can check off my bucket list.

What's funny is I've only seen her that one day although the cat rescue lady Angela sent me a great picture. You can see she has tons of attitude, which I love. That's what attracted me right off. And the fact she's a little homely.

I've named her Sunny after one of my favorite shows It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. They had a great episode about a junk yard cat. Driving 18 cats with ring worm across state lines is something the Sunny crew would do! Also, Mac's mom has a very gravelly voice and that's exactly what Sunny sounds like too.

I'm getting a bit tired of waiting, but I'm sure that Angela is getting tired of fostering her for me as well. So the sooner she gets rid of that darn ring worm, the better.

My brother-in-law Mike asked me what's wrong with her - I just don't take normal cats. They're usually missing a limb or something. But even though Sunny has all her legs, isn't diabetic or blind or something, I think she deserves a new home.

And after the very difficult summer I had, this has really given me something to smile about.

I can hardly wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment