Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I Miss Bridgette

I miss Bridgette.


I miss rubbing her little nose, all clogged up and crusty. I miss scraping it off several times a day so she could breathe easier.

I miss waking up and seeing her sleeping next to the bed.

I miss having her hang out with me in the bathroom and how she liked being wrapped up in a towel, like a little cat burrito.

I miss how she’d cock her head when looking at me as if she was trying to figure out what the heck I was thinking.

I miss watching her shake her little club foot in frustration.

I miss having her sit with me while I played on the computer on Saturday mornings.

I miss watching her sleep in a sunny spot on the deck.

I miss coming home and seeing her little head peeking out of the cat bed.

I miss worrying about her and wondering what more I could do to help her breathe.


I just miss her.







1 comment: